A country with growing opportunities and potential
Armenia brings one of the oldest civilizations to the world, dating back as far as 4000 BC. Its capital, Yerevan, is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities of the whole world. The country has a very rich history with its ups and downs, foreign rules, and periods of utmost striving. Since 1991--the collapse of the Soviet Union, a part of which Armenia has been for over 70 years--Armenia is a proud independent republic to this day. The Republic of Armenia is a sovereign, democratic, rule of law country, where everyone has economic freedom to create and succeed in the competitive economic marketplace. Armenia is now being actively involved in the global market and is prone to having its immense impact on the world economy through its active growth, quality human resources and foreign investments.
INVESTING OPPORTUNITIES IN ARMENIA
The Republic of Armenia is a country with growing opportunities and potential. It is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU), has free trade agreements with other CIS countries, and favorable trade agreements with the EU, USA, Canada, Japan, Switzerland and Norway. Since 2002, the country has been a member of World Trade Organization (WTO).
A lot of companies struggle to find long-term prospective investment opportunities. The Republic of Armenia offers intelligent human resources, low tax rates and living expenses, international trade agreements and a legal framework that make up a perfect ecosystem for companies to grow.
$3.606.15 (2016)GDP per capita
$11BILLION (2016)GDP total
The RA is Constantly Carrying Out Operations in Order To Increase its Exporting Volumes Through:
Expanding Exporting Opportunities For Large-Scale Productions
Improving The Legal System And Increasing Productivity In The Business Sector
Eliminating Barriers For The Growth In Investments And Trade
Increasing The Competitiveness Of Armenian Goods In The International Market
Attracting Foreign Investors Through Favorable Tax Conditions, Warranty For Foreign Investment Protection, And Simplified Administrative Operations
WHY INVEST IN ARMENIA
- Transparent legal framework
- Favorable taxation system for small and medium enterprises (SME)
- Posibilities to develope free economic zones (FEZ)
- Exporting opportunities with 0% value added tax (VAT)
- Equal entrepreneurial opportunities and conditions both for international and Armenian companies
- Foreign investment protection system
- Access to a 183 million population market in the scope of EAEU agreement
- Acting as an intermediary for access to business and investment opportunities in Iran
- In May 2015, Armenia and the US signed Trade and Investment Framework Agreement